£5.99

SKU ox-75 Category Tags ,


Share
Description

The famous ‘herms’ on the walll surrouding the Sheldonian Theatre, otherwise known as the ‘Heads of the Emperors’. There are 13 square pillars that are each mounted with busts marking the front boundary of the Sheldonian when it was built in 1662–8. This is the third set of busts to grace the Sheldonian.

Location: Sheldonian Theatre, Oxford

Rights managed

Photo taken in 2011

Full colour

Privacy Preference Center